– Shirley Mason, executive director of the B.E.A.C.H.E.S. Foundation, has formally declared the “Naturist Unity Summit” that her and her team are forming for http://ournudism.com/livesource/ournudism-episodes-nudist-families-pussy.php . They created an acronym name, “U.N.I.T.E.” – United Naturist / Naturist International Trade / Travel Educational Events. The summit is meant to bring together leaders from various naturist organizations and businesses to allow them to work collectively within the nudist movement.
This is a one-day event taking place at Haulover Beach Park and a nearby resort on Wednesday, February 15th. The registration fee is $60, and presence is limited at 100 individuals.
– After their success with establishing Mpenjati Beach as South Africa’s first official naturist beach, SANNA didn’t waste any time pursuing the next one – Sandy Bay. Sign their petition to help make Sandy Bay an official nude beach!
– Looking at the body that gave birth to you seems to be incredibly challenging for some people. Body shaming and body phobia run wild in this girl’s story of accompanying her mother and siblings to a bare resort in France.
Her husband and children stayed home because “No boy should need to see his grandmother nude.” What is wrong with Grandmother? Is she some sort of deformed monster? Omg, are we going to look like that someday?
– How would you react if someone said to you, “If I had your body I’d kill myself”?
She’s working on a documentary called Fattitude that “exposes how popular culture nurtures weight prejudice and fat hate, and then offers an alternative way of thinking – embracing body acceptance in any respect sizes.” She recently wrote about the kind of awful things people say to her because she is fat and shares her view on fat shaming. [xojane]
Here’s a awesome interview with her from The Type Artist. Apparently her work was called “repellent,” and she responds, “If our culture will call a healthful (yet not unrealistically perfect) body ‘repellent,’ then it is something we as a society need to take a look at.”
– Photographer Fred Huening documents the “magic of motherhood” in this wonderful series of photographs. [Huffington Post]
Make it a nude event. A gallery in London is hosting a clothing-optional exhibit that “discusses and dissects the seemingly unacceptable.” It’s called Prohibited and characteristics over a dozen artists. It takes place in January and has sold out, but there is a waitlist. [artlyst]
BuzzFeed invited some “man best friends” who haven’t seen each other naked to go on camera and see one another’s bodies (organs, really) for the very first time.
Who knows how much of it’s real, but the lads are pretty adorable about it. One bff pair compliment each other saying, “You look fairly great naked, man!” Subsequently they practice helicoptering their dick, which you can not see, but ya know, use your imagination.
Instants in Nudist History
According to this biography, Zelda had rather an interesting life.
In the 60’s she ran an organization to help transgender folks, was involved in pioneering psychic research, and appeared in Playboy as the first full frontal nude in black and white (Perhaps in a attribute on nudism?
Zelda Suplee Nudist Resort Owner
We haven’t figured out what problem / what year). She was also in a few fkk movies, including Diary of a Nudist (1961). In this amusing clip, she is featured in nudist life of a show called “What’s My Line?” in 1953.
We love the fact that she corrected a contestant on using the term “naturist camp” instead of “nudist colony.”
– Here is a fascinating history of sex education in the United States. [Collector’s Weekly]
What did we lose? What are you reading this week?
This Naked News roundup which includes Look Great Naked Man and Zelda Suplee was released by -Young Naturists and Nudists America
Labels: nude news
Class: Naked News
About the Author (Author Profile)
Writer of Naturist Blog. Co-founder of Naturist Portal. 3rd-generation nudie. Avid reader. Feminist. 70% vegan, 30% vegetarian. When I am not busy eating, I’m writing about nudism, censorship, topfree equality, body image and other interesting topics. I like comments, so plz leave a comment when you’ve got something to say!